World Inspiring Network is looking for a Fundraising and grants writing Volunteer with experience in marketing or fundraising to promote our Project. The project we’re promoting is our effort to ensure that the first six SDG’s are met. You’ll get the chance to join a small, dedicated team which will collaborate with you on our overall outreach and fundraising strategy.
We’re especially looking for skilled volunteers in West Africa, but we’d be happy to work with people in other locations all over the world. Travel is not required (remotely).
This is a remote Volunteer position. Although in-person meetings may occur if necessary. Work hours are flexible and perfect for college students seeking professional experience.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Research new grant opportunities and maintain communication with the fundraising and project management team.
- Write, compile and submit grant proposals to foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Write grant proposals and financial reports.
- Develop and write grant reports, produce written reports for renewal and cultivation of potential and existing donors.
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding.
- Table at awareness and fundraising events.
- Must have an interest in development and fundraising.
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations.
- Develop fundraising strategies for donations and donor acquisition.
- Current student or recent graduate from College-level institution. Degree in Nonprofit Management, Grant Writing, International Affairs, Philanthropy and fundraising, Education or relevant field. Graduate students preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Familiar with, online fundraising, grant research, and applications
- Proficient with social media platforms and advocacy language
- Strong time management, organizational and internet research skills a must;
- Must be a self-starter, who stays on task and requires minimum supervision.
- Must be a creative, enthusiastic, forward thinker who enjoys working independently as well as part of a team;
Compensation: This is Volunteer position but we are confident that as we get funded it will convert to a paid position
Time Commitment: Flexible/As needed (or 20hrs per week).